The following is a reproduction of a memo from the Board of Directors dated 28 September 2016 (scanned original, 179KB).
Date: 28 September 2016
From: Board of Directors
Re: Garage Roof Deck – Rules and Official Opening Party
We are very happy to announce that the garage roof deck is almost completely finished and, to celebrate, there will be an official opening party to be held on October 22nd. More details on that party will be sent out and signs posted.
While there are still a few things that have to be finished and some changes made to the design, the Board of Directors is happy with the finished product and even happier that all of the major construction on the garage roof and inside the garage have been completed. That project began in the summer of 2014. It was a long two years, but the final product adds a lot to the co-op and its community.
Previously, a quick set of rules was circulated, as some people were violating the most important ones before the roof deck was even officially opened. Attached to this memo is the full set of official rules for the roof deck, with clarification on those rules already sent out. This final version replaces any previous rules.
Hopefully, everyone has had a chance to enjoy the new roof deck. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the management office and Justin Verret.
The Board of Directors
Nagle Apartments Corp.
Roof deck rules and regulations
- Please be respectful and considerate of your neighbors at all times. There are apartments that are on the same level of the roof.
- Quiet hours apply to the roof deck. After 11 PM the roof deck can still be used, but voices and noise should be at a minimum. Please be considerate to your neighbors.
- Pets are not allowed on the roof deck or the lower courtyard at any time. Pets are not allowed to pass between Nagle and Bogardus. Pets are allowed to pass through the trash area from the Bogardus basement exit to the Bogardus exit ramp.
- Smoking is not permitted on the roof deck or in the lower courtyard other than in the northeast corner of the lower courtyard away from the building by the large tree. All trash from smoking in the designated area must be cleaned up by the smoker(s) and not left on the ground. Ashes and embers can damage the roof membrane and void the
- No open flames are allowed on the roof deck. BBQing will still be allowed but must be done on the lower courtyard. Candles are not permitted on the roof deck. Open flames can damage the roof membrane and void the warranty.
- Furniture can be moved but must be placed back in its original location after it is used. Please do not drag the furniture as it can damage the decking.
- Personal items should not be left or stored without consent from the Board of Directors.
- Please clean up after each use. Residents are responsible for making sure that all trash and recyclables are thrown away properly.
- Gatherings of 10 or more people (non-residents) must be approved. Please contact the management office to request information.
- Gatherings are not exclusive events. The roof deck is open to all residents to use during normal hours.
- Children under the age of 13 must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Ball playing on the roof deck should only be done on the artificial grass, and balls should not be thrown against the building.
- Please do not do any gardening or touch the water hoses and sprinklers.
These rules are subject to change by the Board of Directors at any time. Violation of the rules will receive a warning for the first offense and $50 fine for a second offense. Repeated offenses will result in further legal action.