- Please be respectful and considerate of your neighbors at all times. There are apartments that are on the same level as the roof.
- Quiet hours apply to all of the outside areas. After 11pm, the roof deck and lower courtyard can still be used, but voices and noise should be at a minimum.
- Pets are not allowed on the roof deck or the lower courtyard at any time. Pets are not allowed to pass between Nagle and Bogardus. Pets are allowed to pass through the trash area from the Bogardus basement exit to the Bogardus exit ramp.
- Furniture can be moved but must be placed back in its original location after it is used. Please do not drag the furniture as it can damage the decking.
- Personal items should not be left or stored without consent from the Board of Directors.
- Please clean up after each use. Residents are responsible for making sure that all trash, recyclables, and decorations are thrown away properly.
- Gatherings of 10 or more people (non-residents) must be approved. Please contact the management office to request information. Gatherings are not exclusive events. The outer area is open to all residents to use during normal hours.
- Children under the age of 13 must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Please do not put any pools or toys in front of the garage fire exit door.
Garage roof deck–specific rules
- Smoking is not permitted on the roof deck at any time. Ashes and embers can damage the roof membrane and void the warranty.
- No open flames are allowed on the roof deck. Candles are not permitted on the roof deck. Open flames can damage the roof membrane and void the warranty.
- Ball playing on the roof deck should only be done on the artificial grass, and balls should not be thrown against the building.
- Please do not write on wooden fences or brick walls with chalk.
- Please do not do any gardening or touch the water hoses and sprinklers.
Lower courtyard–specific rules
- Smoking is permitted in the lower courtyard in the northeast corner of the lower courtyard away from the building by the large tree. All trash from smoking in the designated area must be cleaned up by the smoker(s) and not left on the ground. Please be mindful of your neighbors. Smoking is not permitted in any other outdoor area.
- BBQing is allowed in the lower courtyard using the dedicated grill tables near the fence. Grills can’t be placed on any of the new composite furniture. Candles are not permitted. A hose or extinguisher needs to be ready while the grill is being used.
- You must provide your own grill and charcoal.
- Ball playing is not allowed in the lower courtyard other than in the playground.
- Please do not do any gardening or watering of the potted plants. The communal garden is currently next to the playground and may be used. A larger communal garden bed will be built for next Summer.
These rules are subject to change by the Board of Directors at any time. Violation of the rules will receive a warning for the first offense and $50 fine for a second offense. Repeated offenses will result in further legal action.
[Last updated 24 August 2023.]